Ecosystem/ Miracle Mud refugium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

slukey

I was curious if anyone had experience with either the company and/or their products. I am tempted to by a HOB wet/dry/refugium from them and it comes with their mud. Any response would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

I've seen tanks run with their product & looked great, every system has pros & cons. To me one would be cost of replacing some mud every so often, Being you already have some with the sump I'd use it & see how you like! :)
Maybe later you can get a better idea what works for you after using it a while & learning of other ways to experiment with.

JMO!

Don't you have to grow Caulerpa with the miracle mud? I'm trying to remember if you do. I'll have to look for some info. Its been awhile since I looked at miracle mud. We may have some info here on it.

Yes Their actual site recommends to use calupera, however mentions it is safe with other marine plants as well as livestock. I plan on using and monitoring its effect on my tank. Ill be sure to post my results once they turn out. Thanks for your comments

i bought some carib sea mineral mud to put in the bottom of my 30g sump. it was recommended from a website online where i bought some macros that i have a one inch layer at the bottom with a 4 in layer of live sand over it. will this work and is this a good idea or would i better better off with all LS and LR in the sump? i am STILL trying to piece together my 1st 75g reef tank and any help would be greatly appreciated. oh and does anyone know of a good skimmer for a 75g? i don't wanna spend too much but don't wanna buy garbage just to have to replace it later. thanks and happy reefing!

Some of you may think I am crazy, but I am going to try some local marine mud. I am going to get it from a clean bay and let it cure for several months in a tub at 80F and with circulation.

Am I crazy or Brilliant? They say that the difference between a Mad man and Genius is that a Mad man uses his geniusness destructively and a genius uses his madness constructively.

Back