EEl for my reef tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dr. Dee

Free your mind
This is my eel thats going in my 220 reef,Oh and no small fish:)
dscf2188mg4.jpg

Ah, a golden dwarf moray eel. I went thru an eel phase which lasted about 1 month. After my snowflake eel decide he wanted to attack my wife's fish (green mandarin and a large red coris wrasse), in her presence; she freaked and said the eel or I had to go. Well, I'm still married, so the eel went. :D

Looks nice though.

Dee,

Now what I really like is your avatar pic of the Emperor angelfish. Nice size and stunning color. This is going to be one of several large angels that I plan on adding to my tank in the coming months.

Very cool Dee!!!! :D

Like always Doc Beautiful. Me thinks you have a stash your not showing us.

Dee,

Now what I really like is your avatar pic of the Emperor angelfish. Nice size and stunning color. This is going to be one of several large angels that I plan on adding to my tank in the coming months.

Thanks Krish:D

Hey look out you just kown there is a stash;)

That angel is my favorit fish!

Hey, so i'm new to this whole forum posting thing and this massive mesh hyperlinks only intimidates me so i'm going to ask my question here hoping that someone can give me some advice.
I just got this snowflake eel and i'm kind of worried about the fact that it hasnt been fed in two days and hasn't tried to gobble one of my Yellow Tail Damsels. I have a 45 gallon tall tank with a bio-wheel filter and a power head pushing what i think is 250 g/h. i have a crazy looking piece of drift wood, a chunk of finger coral and a hefty glass canteen from an antique shop. I figured a bottle wouldbe an ideal place for an eel since it was enclosed and had just a quarter sized opening. The eel , "ziggy", just burried himself under the coral and i'm thinking he still feels exposed. What should i do to lessen stress?

when I had my snowflake eel, it would eat shrimp cubes and silverslides. I would force feed it using tongs. (I like my hand where it is--on my body). :)

Back