Ehiem Hobby pumps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Rock-N-Ruin

Northwest Aquatics
Has anyone used these for a circulation/return line?? If so, are they as quiet as they advertise. They also advertise low power consumption, but the main concern is noise!! Also do they put out any heat?? Thanks for the input!!

I used 2 in a dual stage water cooled CPU for an overclocking experiment in college. Never leaked. Circulated the water well. Noise was not something I remember, but I think I would have remembered it if it was bothersome.

A watercooled proc. wasn't what I had in mind, but sweet anyway!! Ya Iam wondering about flow also.. quiet and low energy are a plus.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have four Eheim pumps, two 1262 returns pumps, one on my ca reactor Korallin 3002, and one on my Deltec skimmer ap701. The pumps on the Ca reactor and the Deltec are modified by Korallin and Deltec for the specific application. I run all the pumps external. They are quite, cool running, use very little watts (lower than there own ratting) and totally under rated for the flow. I have not had any leaks from the pumps I have had the return pumps running for 2 years.

hmmmmmmm. cool. thanks, maybe i'll pick up a couple. I was thinking of using one for a return and one for a closed loop. this is going to be on a 125gal. tank for a customer.. thanks again.

Back