Elegance getting better

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just wanted to share some pics of one of my Elegance corals. I know he looks bad, but I have faith.

elegance003ol1.jpg

elegance032ss4.jpg

elegance021yc3.jpg

elegance022el7.jpg

It certainly doesn't look like it's dying but it looks like it has a ways to go. What did it look like when you got it? Do you feed it?

It was somewhat bleached when I got it. It's tentacles have pink tips and were only about 1/2 of an inch long. It expanded to about twice the size it is now. I'm sorry i don't have a pic of what it looked like when I first got it. Sometimes I can get it to eat and others it just lets the food go. It feeds better when it is fully expanded, but I am at work in the middle of the day when It is at its fullest. I have been thinking about changing the light cycle so that high noon to them will be around 7:00 at night when I'm at home.

copyofelegance020le7.jpg

elegance2daywp7.jpg

This is another one of my Elegance corals that are getting better. You can see how the tentacles are getting longer in the second pic. I'm sorry it's such a bad pic. It is from my cell phone. I will try to take some new pics this weekend.

polyp extension is fine... but do focus on feeding and improving its color. Target feed daily with very fine foods (mysis or smaller... coral-frenzy, cyclop-eeze, etc)

Back