Elegance

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

those few acans are definitely what we US/Canada LFS called "grade A" acans, how much are they retail there in Australia?

And also, how much are those wide-banded clowns cost over there? It cost around US$150-350 depending on size.

i cant tell u how much they are today but i can find out my best guess would be 150 for a pair as they would be wild caught they would always be in a pair i dont think size would make much differnce

all those acans would be no more then 50 dollars each my guess is 35 each here is a pick of mine i wonder if u think this is grade a too

The 4th pic does look very similar to the one I have, except my has much extended polyps, like Anthony Calfo said.

yes the 4th pic is the one i had it was nice but very small and i think it had been fragged not long before i got it and i dont think it was fragged with a saw maybe an axe

I recently acquired a 5 inch purple-tipped green elegance coral and have started to feed every other day. I am feeding fresh shrimp and scallops. What size should my food be?? I am chopping into pencil eraser size bites and hand feeding. Any suggestions??

Steve

your particle size is likely just fine although if it were mine Id go smaller still (mysis sized bits maximum).

Larger food items ar emore likely to get carried, sloughed or stolen away.

With all of the talk about the poor viability of the elegans corals, I am wondering if I should have purchased this one. I don't want it to die in my hands. The LFS owner can't tell me where it was collected. It appears to be healthy and happy at this point-2 weeks. Any whey to determine where it was collected?

This is my aussie:

Catalaphyllia2.jpg

Nice Tcook. Both my elegance are doing well now since I relocated to a higher spot in the tank. Thanks to Calfo's advise.....there no more extended polyps visible. Looks very much like yours. Will post a pic of them soon.

Back