Elmo's nice tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Congratulations Elmo! That's one cool looking tank. You do a great job promoting ethical reefkeeping with your breeding and rearing of clowns, and of course the propagation of your famous orange cap.

The pink echinophyllia is cool too. Though it must try to sting everything it your tank.

Last edited:
Thank you all. I can't say how much the reef community has helped me so far in this hobby. Makes reefing so much more fun.

Thanks Brad for posting it here.

Colleen, your baby clowns are here. Always welcome to get a sneak peak of Clarkina's little monsters....

Tony and Steve, thanks for the kudos :)

- Elmo

Awesome Elmo! Such a beautiful set-up.

ummm......is that a bare bottom spot I see??? are you trying it out to see if you like it? lololol j/k, of course :D :lol:

NaH2O said:
Awesome Elmo! Such a beautiful set-up.

ummm......is that a bare bottom spot I see??? are you trying it out to see if you like it? lololol j/k, of course :D :lol:

LOL, Nikki! :lol:

Yeah, I use my special brush from Home Depot and clean that spot each night, just for you BB lovers :) Ok ok j/k. Actually the female maroon is just a pain :lol:

I have another frag of orange/red cap to trade. Fragged a couple days ago and is doing great.

- Elmo

Congrats Elmo... very nice...

My "dear" maroon clown does the same thing. I keep saying no BB, but she just doesn't get it. :badgrin:

Thank you everyone for the kudos.

Cannot be what it is today if Tom had not made the tank for me. Thanks Tom!

- Elmo

Martin, many thanks.

Tony, interestingly my Echinophyllia does not seem to have long sweeper tentacles. Actually, I've watched it at night when the lights are off, and they are rather short. It did, however, sting the orange montipora to the left of it, but I like to see a battle every now and then ;) Maybe the capricornis will stop growing that direction, and grow more on the other side? I'll just let nature do its thing.

- Elmo

Back