Elos 70 vs Solana xl 60

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Redseadan74

HI everybody, My wife and I have been thinking about getting a new tank. Right now we have a RedSea Max 130 (34gal) that we have had for about 2 and half years and we enjoy the all-in-one tanks and we've been thinking of an up-grade for a little bit now and the two tanks that we like are the elos 70 and the solana xl 60, we are woundering if anybody has any pros or cons of the two tanks:confused:

Well my Elos 160XL is sitting on my floor waiting for its stand but I can tell you that Elos tanks are first class! If you have never seen an Elos in person, do it. I don't know anything about your other choice but once you see a rimless tank you might have a hard time wanting anything else. I think this is the case for most who buy an Elos.

they both are rimless and we do love that look that is one reasen for the up-grade

Ah ha! Okay... I looked at the picture in the link you posted but didn't read the specs. Hopefully someone can give you an opinion that has owned one. I can tell you that of all the people that I have talked to about the Elos from nano to Bricky's custom 370gal, I didn't hear one bad thing, other than $$$ :)Just drools and OMGs...

yah, they both cost $ but when we look at it I think for us its the best way to go and we do want a tank that looks really great and I can't wait to see yours up and running

Hi, I have always wanted an ELOS but the price keeps holding me back. I own a 34 gallon Solana for almost 2 years. If you can afford it, than get the ELOS. You won't be disappointed. Have you been down to Barrier Reef in Renton? They have an ELOS up and running, I think it is a 60 gallon (older version). There are several forums that have an active ELOS thread, this one and Reef Central.

I looked at the 60 XL and liked it for it's size. Fit and finish is not in the same league as an ELOS but what you save you can get a nice light setup. I haven' seen anyone on this forum or Reef Central talk about the 60XL so I can't share what others have said.

Keep us updated... :)

Last edited:
I have friend that has solana 34 gallon and I like his and I've seen the eloa at Barrier Reef and it looks great it will be hard to pick but I do have time

i own two elos tanks and love them both! i started with the mini and have the new 120 as well. elos rocks and the customer service is excellent.

locally made is great and great customer sevice is a plus but on the elos my wife does not like the stand ( i do ) and she really likes the solana one and I the four window view in the elos vs front to side in solana.

Back