emergency in need of help fast

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

senji

my 20g frag tank something is wrong. some of my sps and all of my pociliporas are bleecing fast. temp is allways at 88 deg f. kh 9 deg, cal 480, mg 1300, everything else is at 0. also noticed some of my flame algea is dying. im running my led at 12% for acclimation. all my acans and chalices are fine as of now. im prepareing a 5g wc as i type.i replace carbon weekly. as for the tank it has a cpr backpack skimmer and lots of flow. any help!!! ask questions and i will awnser im kinda panicing and will be checking the thread every minute and will enter chat if any1 wants to help live. thnx pls reply with suggestions and questions. HELP!!!!?!!!!

Have you considered flow, lights? Also, another reason is the temp too high? I always run my tank at 77 or 76.

just today but the bleeching has been going on for awhile and getting worse. oh and let me get ur pallys ur killing.

I'm sorry to hear about this, always sucks to have an unknown issue. Have you tested your water you are using for water changes and top off. Something might have gotten in there or your water source may have had a problem. Mine did that a while back.

If it were me I would do a two or three 50% water changes in case a contaminate got in to your system. It couldn't hurt anything and might help. Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm too far away.

Please keep us updated on what is going on.

What percent are you at on your lighting. I do remember that you said you keep it pretty low. Maybe trying to bump it up slowly, to at least 50%

50% would kill everything in the tank 30% is the max my light will ever hit. but have weeks till my lights hit that. raising by 5% every 10 days. at 13% im just over par. at 30% it will be 100 over par if i remember right.

Rapid tissue necrosis, and Slow Tissue Necrosis. Rapid means that over night all of the coral flesh has came off and all that is left is a white skeleton, and slow is you watch as it slowly creeps from a point on the coral and slowly loses its tissue. I am pretty sure different from bleaching though. Bleaching is when the coral releases all of its zoox and pigments.

i do believe it is stn. im going to dip in coral rx for 15mins and do another 10g water change ill keep yall posted.

from what ive read on stn ther are 2 things you can do. frag the healthy part. or try rx dip ill do both just to be safe.

Back