Enaly OZX-300U Ozone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cjdee

I was wondering if anybody could comment on the Enaly Ozone unit? When I got mine 3 weeks ago it seemed to really put out of O3 and if you had the cabinet doors open you could smell the O3. It seem that it no longer produces the strong odor, however the ORP is remaining high in the tank. I just want to make sure that this is common and not the unit reducing it's O3 output for some reason.

cjdee said:
I was wondering if anybody could comment on the Enaly Ozone unit? When I got mine 3 weeks ago it seemed to really put out of O3 and if you had the cabinet doors open you could smell the O3. It seem that it no longer produces the strong odor, however the ORP is remaining high in the tank. I just want to make sure that this is common and not the unit reducing it's O3 output for some reason.

I have one and run it 10 hrs per day. My orp readings are always high ozone or not. Ive pretty much given up on both my controllers. I dont think the hobbiest controllers are accurate for than a few days at a time. If you can smell the ozone your not using it properly / efficiently.

Don

If you are not using an air dryer then output will decrease due to the Corona Discharge Tube getting caked up. For best results always use a dryer with rechargeable media; which means every couple of days you will be putting the media in the oven for regeneration.

if you had the cabinet doors open you could smell the O3.

You should not be smelling any ozone, if you are something is wrong and it is leaking, unless you do not have a GAC container sitting on top on the skimmer vent.

Discnonnect the ozone tube that feeds your skimmer and see if it smells of ozone

As WD said are you using an ari dryer. If not and the humidity is high the ambient moist air feeding the unit and the ozone will generate Nitric acid, which will/may damage the ozone unit

Don W

My orp readings are always high ozone or not.

As in what is high ? When is the last time you cleaned the probe which must be done weekly. If any algae gets on it it will rasie the ORP. Where is the probe placed ?

Boomer said:

Don W

My orp readings are always high ozone or not.

As in what is high ? When is the last time you cleaned the probe which must be done weekly. If any algae gets on it it will rasie the ORP. Where is the probe placed ?

Mine is always just over 400 according to both my controllers. Ive found with the cheaper controllers like the pinpoint, your cleaning the probes every other day to stay accurate. Ive run ozone for a long time and love it but the probe cleaning has become to much hassle. Be it right or wrong Ive given up on the ORP controllers and rely on experience and carbon.

Don

Back