EU Smashes Acrylic Cartel

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Code:
Our own goverment should take a hint and do the same here for the oil companies. Bastards!

Oil companies make around 8-10 cents per gallon profit. The government makes about 50 cents on the gallon. Who are the bastards again?

Almost all the cost of gas is for crude. (This is for July 2006)

$0.88 went for distribution and refinery expenses (profits taken here).
$0.61 went for governement fees and taxes.
$1.76 went for crude oil cost.
Total $3.19

Vs. January 2006
$0.26 went for distribution and refinery expenses (profits taken here).
$0.53 went for governement fees and taxes.
$1.43 went for crude oil cost.
Total $2.21

Notice the large difference in the distribution and refinery expenses. This is for two reasons. One, it takes lots of energy to make fuels (that now costs more), and the oil companies are taking a bunch more profit right now (at least that is what I think). The government fees didn't go up much.

The LOCAL GAS STATIONS take 8 to 10 cents per gallon. The distributors also take some profit, and the refiners take some more profit. The local gas stations are actually taking less right now in alot of areas because they can't sell the gas and they need to sell gas more than the big refiners do.

And then just check out the resumes of the guys at the head of the government and what stock their families hold. How many politicians throughout history have been able to keep their fingers out of the till? I don't think it is too much of a stretch to expect any less from the current admin even if you think you belong to their party (which you don't unless you can pay to play)
But I never did hang out with the popular kids. I signed up to vote as "independent" because I don't like any of them. We need a saint and always get just more politicians.

So anyways, I suppose this means acrylic won't be going down in price any time soon! I noticed that one of the tanks I got a few years ago has fully doubled in price at the same retailer.
Kate

So acrylic tanks are a good investment?

I can hardly wait to tell my Husband! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vicki

Back