Evaporation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tylert

Can anyone possible give a rough estimate on how much evaporation would occur a day on a 90 gallon with a 30 gallon sump?

IDK what info you would need but I don't have MH, I have T5's. The water movement is about 700-800gph in sump and 3200gph (may add more later) in tank. Temp is 79 constant

Im making a sump and trying to figure out the minimun size I can make the return section.

I'm thinking 2 to 3 gallons a day but that's a guess

sounds about right.
Every tank is different..
Amount of splashing/sump ventilation tank ventilation fans for lights??
All these come into play with evep..

My 120gal (5'Lx2'W) with 20gal sump.
4500gph closed loop.
200gph thru sump.
500watts halides.
No fans.
No lids.
Canopy
='s
1.5 gallons per day.

300 Display.
125 sump @ 5000gph but i gate it back some.
CL with 5400gph
3 x 400 MHL
6 x T-5's
76-79 D temp.
no lids but with fans.... 300CFM exhaust(sauna!)
== 5G's per day or so.

There's just so many variables that go into evaporation, that's it's hard to say.
How air tight is the home?
Average temp of the home?
Humidity of the area you live in will have a lot to do with it.
Temperature of the tank
Amount of flow
etc...

I have a 75 with approximately 25 more gallons in sump/refugium. 6X54watt T5HO lighting and open top. I average about 1-2 gallons per day, depending on time of year and such.

I hope you're able to come up with a happy medium.

You have the same set up as I do with a 90gal and a 30gal sump. I run MH and a fan blows over my sump. I would have to guess that I loose close to 3gals a day.

i wish i had something set up like that. i have to do the old school bucket dance. im always nervous dumbing straight freshwater in. but i have been starting to add a lil buffer. i have a 75gallon with a fluvalfx5 and a magnum with power compacts and i loose about 5gallons every two weeks or so

Back