Everyones Favorite Temp/Salinty ??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bjonesjr1

Everyones Favorite Temp/Salinity ??

Just a Broad question to see what everyone out their is running their tank at, I'm experimenting with different temp's/ salinty readings right now to see how my tank is affected, as far as the corals & fish right now !!

Last edited:
I have my salinity at 1.022 & my temp at 78 right now. I'm working on raising my salinity alittle though !!! and possibly my temp to about 79 maybe 80... but not sure just yet

I'm going to try & raise it .021 every week, so right now I'm at 1.022 by next week I want to be at 1.023 and the week after 1.024 untell I get to 1.025

n my 125 fowlr I have my salinity level at 1.020 currently but I'm thinking about raising it to about 1.022 cause I may add a rbta with some maroon clowns soon.

My 75 gallon reef is at 1.023 right now

as far as my temps right now I think both my tanks are at like 84 to 83 degrees I have a prob wit keeping the temp down but neck when I first started my tanks would get up to 90 degrees LOL. Guess that's progress
when my tanks were at 90 degrees I still seen no dramatic different in comparisson to now but I would think thats not natural all depending on what fish u are keeping and how the climate and how shallow the water is where they come from

ohh yeah I keep the 1.023 salinity level in my salt tank for evaporation conditions so it never gets above 1.025.

Before I got my refractometer I was using a hydrometer and when I got my hydro meter I found that my salinity level was almost 1.032 but every thing was and seemed okay.

Hope this helps

my tank temp is around 76-77 and salinity is 1.022-1.023..I plan on keeping more fish than corals, hence the reason for the low salinity.

Back