Evolution Led's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bosco83

I have been doing a lot of reading about these fixtures and they seem to be pretty nice for the price. Reefkoi is the supplier and has them made to his specifications and any warranty issues are dealt directly through him for the full two years. Before I buy them I wanted to know who all here is using them?

Thanks,
Brian

Ok how about if you aren't using them but you are interested in them? Just give me some opinions people lol!

Thanks,
Brian

The biggest problem I see with the EVO LED's is that they use 1w led's, I just think that having 96 things that can and will go wrong, vise having a simpler design. I have heard of several people that have had these and do not have them any longer. All in all for the price and function I believe that they seem to be well built, I just think that they could have done a little more with the actual choice of LED's.

I use those leds for over half a year now over my deepsea nano and i am
Very pleased..no problems..i keep acans,chalices,montis and a Rbta ..however i had a couple of sps who died on me..if sb wants to check them
Out send me a pm and u can drop by..

I have them, 2-100w 3Gs. Haven't had them long, but I LOVE THEM! Just don't do what I did, Make sure you acclimate, they are very bright!

As for 1 watt LEDs vers 3 Watt LEDs. I think it is because you have a wider spread with more lights than with only a few. The light from these LEDs is super bright. I had 1 24in above my tank (70gal, 48in long) and it lit the hole thing! Nicely! But I have two and I SLOWLY added the second and then slowly lower them.

Hope it helps, YouTube - Evolution LED 200 Watt Lens PAR Readings, Chris will help, he anwsered all my questions.

Here's the thread with pics of the LEDs, they are above the tank not were I have them now. right above the water.http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f14/update-things-starting-turn-around-60678/

Does anyone have a par comparison between these and AI SOL blue units? Also is each channel (white and blue) controllable seperatley.

I ended up placing an order for 3 fixtures from Reef filtration. He used 3watt LED's only driven to 2 watts so if one goes out the other ones still work. It will take like a month to get them though. Another reason I got them from Luke is because he actually answers his phone.

Brian

In this day and age, most don't answer their phones. Before I got my lights a had lots of questions and got quik responses, sometimes within the hour.

Let us know how they are when you get them, I have others interested on LED lights.

Back