• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Exotic Tang Avaliable 7/24

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sierra

Attn All Reefers:

Here is and opportunity of a lifetime. (Or should I say at least the past 10-years.)

I have been contacted by a wholesaler in the LA area who has a shipment of 10-15 Gem Tangs (Zebrasoma Gemmatum) coming in on Saturday or Sunday. These are a extremely rare tang that has not been seen in the aquarium trade for a few years now. They are imported only out of Madagascar that is why they are so rare. I have not been given sizes yet I assume they will the the size of a M/L Purple Tang. My wholesaler said I was the only store he was offering this fish.

The price is..... drum roll please..... $2999.99 WOW!!! As many people know this fish is very rare and is priced to match.

Here are some pictures of this gorgeous fish!!
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/AcanthuroidPIX/TangPIX/Zebrasoma/Zebrasoma_gemmatum.jpg

http://mud.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/349144017

If anyone is interested please let me know.
Shipping and Guarantee are the same as wholesalers policy

Blue Sierra

Last edited:
That is about double the price I have seen them for sale before. Still a very rare fish that someone will be lucky to own.

I dont think I would pony up that much money for a fish...
I dont personally think it is all that pretty either. but it is rare there for charge what you want for it.:)

Matt

i have seen a pair of these in my lfs personal tank and he valued them at $2000au and $2500
if u sell them will they have a gurantee of a week or sumthing
u could just get a scopas tang look almost identical

They actually come from Maritius, which is south of seychelles. East of Madagascar. :D

Very cool fish IMO... I cant wait to see it.

-Josh-:cool:

r u going to post a pic of the tangs u r getting in those other pictures didnt do a $3000 fish justice thinking of other over priced fish like in duce bigalow the gigalo guy says he paid 1000 bucks for it boy did he get ripped off

The tangs are extremely hard to import... None have entered the trade in quite a while... In the US anyways.

They're slightly more available in europe because there is less freighting.

Some fish are rare or more expensive because they are collected at depths beyond recreational diving limits, and often beyond sane technical diving limits.

I've seen these go for much higher prices...

-Josh-:cool:

Nice tang there.

IMO, they picked the wrong fish..... ;) where are my Seychelles Clownfish???!?!? j/k

Best,
Ilham

This species is a fairly hardy fish, also found in Mozambique and South Africa. Although someone you know may have bought the fish at a lower prcie than this, it all depends on who is harvesting them versus what they think the little guy is worth. This price is on the moderate side, but not as expensive as they could be.

they don't need to post a pic, mostly cause they're an lfs, i want to see it, hopefully one's still there on monday or tuesday next week, if someone buys it post pics, though it'd be cool to see one in real life

Back