Fang Blenny

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

as1720

Female Hermit crab
My boyfriend really want one since we saw one at a pet store yesterday. I have been reading today and i am a little confused as to what they eat. Its a yellowtail fang blenny.

All we have right now is a yellow watchman goby and he eats formula one pellets, would this guy eat them too? or does he need a different kind of diet?

I keep seeing different things so i figured i better ask befor i buy it since i am unsure.

May have to start with frozen mysis, etc. and train to pellets. So far, my fish have been hit or miss when it comes to pellets. But everybody loves mysis. I don't believe it's known to be a "difficult to feed" fish. This is all speculative but grounded in observation and research. They're a cool fish. Pentagona, I've seen yours down at BS and it's extra groovy.

In my experience they can be a little shy at first, but should start eating very well. They have a very high metabolism so you should feed them often and they like a variety of meaty foods

This fish is one of the fishes that greatly benefits from being quarantined and trained to eat prepared foods. You should follow these recommendations: A Quarantine Procedure.

Back