favia pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thekingfish

Thought I'd post a couple old pics my favia. The tank finshed cycling a little while ago and have been placing a few pieces to start.
Pretty happy to have corals in the tank again.

favia.jpg

favia2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey...That's very cool looking! Thanks for sharing...:)

Btw, is that your dog in your avitar? He's cute!!

loohunter said:
nice, did you get that from denny's?

No. I just stopped while on an errand and not too many corals there.
I got it from LFS in Oregon a while back but a friend was holding it for me.

And the dog is a friends. Little terror.

You don't have to feed it directly. But I've fed it Cyclopeeze and mysis two times a week and it definitely appreciated that. These favias don't grow too fast from what I've seen, but feeding it seems to bump up the growth rate.

thekingfish said:
And the dog is a friends. Little terror.
this is the second time i've seen that avitar! I also belong to SDreefs and one of the regular posters has the same avitar. The caption with it says.."This is Fluffy...He is the destroyer of worlds"
What are the chances??

When I feed, I like to feed a lot. So I feed the favia in a small bowl outside the tank. That way, I don't introduce too much nutrients into the tank.

In the tank, I think a few minutes for the coral to grab what it can is good.

i've never heard of someone feeding outside the tank, i might have to try it. Just currious..why are you trying to keep nutrients out of the system? Wouldn't it help overall?

Some people try to limit how much nutirents are introduced into the tank to limit algae growth. Also too much nutrients can brown out your acros.

Feeding favias and acans in a cup lets me target feed the polyps without dumping all that food into the system.

Back