Favorite live rock?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

speedyrb29

whats your favorite live rock? I like lalo live rock has alot of color to it, but on the down side it isnt too cheap.

My whole tank is tonga branch from Dave at www.vividaquariums.com His is not the little thin branches that break in shipping. He sent me huge chunks. If you look at my tank two of the islands that the bridges set on are each on piece of rock. The one on the left is made with tie straps from two pieces of rock. He wraped every piece in bubble wrap individually, and it arrived in perfect condition. Very little breakage. On other tanks I have done his rock always arrived the same way. It does cost a little more, but that is the foundation of the tank. It will be in there for years. I also like that it is not the really dense fresh rock. It is older rock that has many holes and tunnels drilled into it by marine life, so it is more porus than the stock tonga branch I have seen elsewhere. I get nothing but quality service from Dave, that is why I endorse his site. He is a sponsor and usually answers his own phone to boot. LOL Steve

I love Pukani live rock. I was checking out one of the sponsors, and they carry it. It really is great looking stuff - it's all I have in my tank.

Here's the sponsor that has it: Fragfarmer.com - Live Rock

I love the looks of that Pukani rock, that is what I am going to put in my 180 when I finally get off my dead aspiration and get it going....

Marshalls used to be my favorite, But I have to say the pukani has taken over its spot.

Mike

Back