February 18th Meeting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

Indoor Reef and PSAS are happy to welcome Bob Fenner to the northwest.

Please mark you calendar for this date as we will have a great meeting and will be raffling off $200 worth of gift certificates from Indoor Reef.

More details will be coming.

Happy Birthday, in advance! If someone gives you a copy of "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" for your birthday, Bob could autograph it for you. ;)

Now this is going to be a great meeting, It is very rare that Bob gets the time to speak to clubs and he has a wealth of info and pictures from a life time in the water.

Big time cuduos for the Board on this one!!!!!

Mike

Alice said:
Happy Birthday, in advance! If someone gives you a copy of "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" for your birthday, Bob could autograph it for you. ;)
I suppose I could give him back the copy he loaned me, that'd make a great present.

-jon-

We will have copies of "Reef Invertabrates: An Essential Guide to Selection, Care and Compatibility" at the meeting. These have been autographed by Anthony Calfo and now you have a chance to have Bob Fenner sign them too, as he is the co-author of this book.

The books are $30 each and the proceeds go toward allowing the club to bring out great speakers like Bob.

Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to put out the evite for this meeting. We would like to get together beforehand at a local restaurant around 430pm. Does anyone have any ideas where would be a very easy location nearby to BCC? Pizza seems to work well rather than a sit down everyone places an order style since we all come and go at different times.

Let me know what you think,

Colleen

Meeting Update!

Here's a little more information to entice you in....

Robert (Bob) Fenner has "lived" the science, hobby and business of aquatics in the Philippines, Japan and United States. All phases; collector, wholesale, jobber, retail, design, construction and maintenance. All levels; manager, owner, hatchery worker, retail clerk, technician.​
Bob has been an avid aquatic hobbyist since day one and is active in hobbyist and scientific organizations. He has served on numerous Boards, judged shows and given many programs.

Bob will join us to talk about one or more of his many areas of expertise in the hobby. This is a great oportunity to learn from one of the greats.

Where: Bellevue Community College, Room B104
When: February 18th, 6PM

There will be a pre-meeting social at a restaraunt near the college so people can socialize a little without disturbing the meeting. As with all PSAS events, frag trading is welcome before and after the meeting.

I will also have info on the Western Marine Conference and we have one pass to get in to raffle off. This is a $100 value and more inportantly your oportunity to see some of the great speakers in the hobby & industry.

Also plan to have door prizes (things you have a chance to win for just showingup to the meeting;)).

Looks like we are going to get together at Tamarind Thai before going to BCC. It's further than I'd planned but worth the few extra miles!!

I'll post a schedule soon..... probably meet up at Dang's around 4pm and head to BCC no later than 530pm for the 6pm meeting.

Robert (Bob) Fenner has "lived" the science, hobby and business of aquatics in the Philippines, Japan and United States. All phases; collector, wholesale, jobber, retail, design, construction and maintenance. All levels; manager, owner, hatchery worker, retail clerk, technician.​

Bob has been an avid aquatic hobbyist since day one and is active in hobbyist and scientific organizations. He has served on numerous Boards, judged shows and given many programs.

Bob will join us to talk about Algae, it's importance on the reef, in our tanks, how to live with it and how to make it your friend.

Topic: Algae, it's importance on the reef, in our tanks, how to live with it and how to make it your friend.
Where: Bellevue Community College, Room B104
When: February 18th, 6PM

There will be a pre-meeting social at Tamarind Thai (Dang's Restaraunt) in Redmond so people can socialize a little without disturbing the meeting. As with all PSAS events, frag trading is welcome before and after the meeting.

Tamarind Thai
17026 Avondale Way
Redmond, WA 98052

Hey guys, I'm interested in joining your fraternity. What is the initiation process, do I need to be spanked?

Just kidding -- I assume there are some dues to pay or something? Just please don't give me an address in Nigeria.

You can join at the meeting. Dues is $25 for the rest of the year (renewal is in September). Hope to see you there.

Is it ok if a couple of canucks(Christy/Rich) from the great white north pop on down;)

We are both pumped about this meeting and haven't made it down since Calfo, so seeing Fenner would be sweet! We also look forward to bumping into Chuck and Mike:D

Is it ok if a couple of canucks(Christy/Rich) from the great white north pop on down

yeah as long as you bring some cheese cake from the cheese cake factory :D, some real nice canadian maple syrup :D and may be some jelly beans from the Cinema place in Metrotown (Burnaby)... then you two will be accepted otherwise don't show up:lol: :D .... just joking.

Back