February 18th tank tour and hospitality

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ed Hahn said:
Vicki had a surprise. Vicki opened her canopy and flipped a switch. Vickie's tank was full of bubbles in no time showing the movement of water. Vickie's Red Lobophyllia responded by growing in size and extending its arms to feed.
Bob stated the surge of air bubbles is very good for Redox.

Hey, does anyone remember what type of powerheads and other equipment she was using to produce these bubbles? This sounds like a good idea for my tank. The effect was very cool.

jesshimom said:
I nominate Ed Hahn as PSAS official photographer... :)

He's at nearly every meeting so why not? :)
If someone could teach me how to take pictures I would love it..lol.jk.
Can I nominate Big T at photographer?

Slickdonkey said:
Hey, does anyone remember what type of powerheads and other equipment she was using to produce these bubbles? This sounds like a good idea for my tank. The effect was very cool.

I actually have 6 1500gph Seio's in the tank. Four on the back and one on each side. The four on the back are connected through their venturi input to an air pump which I can turn on when I want. I usually run the bubbles for a minute or so several times each day. The corals love it; the fish don't seem to mind. It helps to remove any slime on the corals and mixes detritus into the water column for the corals to consume. Everything then ends up on the surface where it's transported into the sump and skimmer below. It's like making the entire tank a skimmer for a few moments. It's also very refreshing and makes me feel good too. :)

Vicki

Thanks Vicki.

Like I said, I really liked the effect. Just like being underwater on the beach with the waves crashing down.

I didn't know the Seio's had a Venturi input.

I think I'm going to have to copy your idea when I set up my next tank!

Slickdonkey said:
Thanks Vicki.

Like I said, I really liked the effect. Just like being underwater on the beach with the waves crashing down.

I didn't know the Seio's had a Venturi input.

I think I'm going to have to copy your idea when I set up my next tank!

The little blue 'thingie' on the top also comes with a blue elbow which can be inserted into it. That's what I've attached the airline tubing to. I'm not sure it's supposed to be an input, but it works!

Hey, Slickdonkey, were you here? It's very confusing with so many new faces and names. What was your first name? Who else was on the tour?

Vicki

Vicki said:
Hey, Slickdonkey, were you here? It's very confusing with so many new faces and names. What was your first name? Who else was on the tour?
Vicki

Yes, I was there (Brian). I think Ed has a picture of my backside (better side) looking out your kitchen window above.

Hi Vicki, I'm really sorry we missed your tank! Hopefully we can make a return visit as I'd love to see it! We had to run home to let the puppy out as it was way too long of a day for him in a crate!

Thanks for the impromptu stop! Sounds great!

Colleen

jesshimom said:
Hi Vicki, I'm really sorry we missed your tank! Hopefully we can make a return visit as I'd love to see it! We had to run home to let the puppy out as it was way too long of a day for him in a crate!

Thanks for the impromptu stop! Sounds great!

Colleen

It was rather impromptu! I had less than five minutes to prepare.
Next time maybe I'll have more warning and have time to clean up around here.
It's all Elmo's fault! :lol:

I really like the idea of touring other's tanks and being able to put faces to the names here.
I think we all should wear name tags to events like this as well as meetings.
My home is always open.

Vicki

Ed Hahn said:
If someone could teach me how to take pictures I would love it..lol.jk.
Can I nominate Big T at photographer?

Man, he takes some good pictures. I'm a total idiot with cameras.

Oh that looks so cool! My car broke down so I couldn't get there. Hey how come in most of the pictures I see guys where is all the gals?

There were women on the tour..

Kitteness said:
Oh that looks so cool! My car broke down so I couldn't get there. Hey how come in most of the pictures I see guys where is all the gals?
There were gals there, we were just fascinated hearing Bob talk. I feel Bob being present on the Tank tour made it really cool. Saltwater Icon +Saltwater tanks and good people. Besides if I took pictures of the women, my wife would spank me. lol

vicki I love the bubbles. I will bubble my 180:D
susie I want hydrolics on my canopy should just flip the switch next to the bubble switch :D
when I get closer to setting up my 180 I hope im invited to see how that is set up
great pics ed you caught the experiance. Made me feel like I was there! hooray for ed!!!!!!

diablo said:
vicki I love the bubbles. I will bubble my 180:D
susie I want hydrolics on my canopy should just flip the switch next to the bubble switch :D
when I get closer to setting up my 180 I hope im invited to see how that is set up
great pics ed you caught the experiance. Made me feel like I was there! hooray for ed!!!!!!

Hey Diablo,

I thought you'd seen the bubbles before??? I started doing that years ago with my freshwater tanks.

I like my other 'invention' even better, but no one seemed to get too excited over it. Maybe on the next tour. :) I almost always use it just prior to turning on the 'bubble bath'.

Vicki

Vicki said:
Hey Diablo,

I thought you'd seen the bubbles before??? I started doing that years ago with my freshwater tanks.

I like my other 'invention' even better, but no one seemed to get too excited over it. Maybe on the next tour. :) I almost always use it just prior to turning on the 'bubble bath'.

Vicki
Hey Vicki,
I want to learn what your other invention is. I missed it. I must have been looking at your nanos or something.
Thanks for compliments Larry. I have a ball sharing pix with you guys.
cheers,
Ed:)

jesshimom said:
See Ed, we all nominate you for official PSAS photographer!
Colleen,
I bring home the pictures to remind me how good of a time I have with you guys! You might be surprised how much I remember about each meeting.
Pictures like this remind me how cool and genuine people are. You look at that guy in this picture sharing what he enjoys. It makes me smile. I actually put this picture up at my work to share.
I think I am gonna put his business card below and say. If you want good food, awesome service and want to see some nice scenery check this place out sometime. Dang is Cool!
Heres to you Dang..:)

Wow I'm sorry I missed all that, sounds like a really good time...too bad that almost 30 hours of straight work kept me away...ugh........I love that bubble effect also:D

Back