feed or not

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i think that as long as you have decent lighting you will be okay, but i am not competly sure on that.
good luck

-augustus

Good lighting is all that is needed. I do feed mine oyster eggs on occasion but it is not needed.

Gaby you do know we are talking about zoa's and not crabs?

I feed mine 2x a week. I've found they get the best color & growth when kept fed.

On Jun 25

DSC02700.gif

On Dec 18

DSC04063.jpg

Is Coral Frenzy any good? Do you know how it compares to Reef-Roids? I want to give them a try but dont know which is better.

I've have a great deal of success with it. I'm not sure on how it compares with reef-roids, I have never used it. You should check out thier web-site, its pretty informative

http://www.coralfrenzy.com

The way I see it, is that CF is a complete food in one bottle. I especially like the fact that they include oyster larve in the mix. I have had good success with oyster eggs, but they would go bad before I could finish the bottle. CF does not have to be kept cool, it can be stored right on the shelf.

heres a tip tho if you decided to feed. Start small and make sure you soak it for a few minutes before feeding. The dosage they recommened is just an approximation. What you feed should be based on your livestock load. because it is so rich in nutreints, if it is not all consumed, it may create un wanted waste. BUT, IF USED IN MODERATION AND CORRECTLY, ITS GREAT!

Is Coral Frenzy any good? Do you know how it compares to Reef-Roids? I want to give them a try but dont know which is better.

I concur with Kurbs. Feeding should never be considered a primary source of nutrition for zoas, palys and protos. Stable parameters, good lighting and medium to strong current will keep your zoas more than happy and flourishing. Vitamins and ammino acids will also help. Feeding should be a secondary food source only, therefore you don't need to feed often or everyday. I feed my entire reef twice a week, have been for years. All I can say is this, my coral look better, healthier, more colorful and robust than ever.

If you haven't tried Coral Frenzy yet, you are missing out on the good stuff in my opinion. CF is the only thing I feed now.

Been away a long time but glad to see everyone again. Have a great New Year.

Mucho Reef

Back