Feedback?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They went well with Salsa though.

I'm still giving them a try. So far they seem a lot like cyclopeze, but maybe finer. I'm still going through a near total loss of my mushroom population (100+) and will be able to tell more soon.

Thank You for sending them,
Jon

I tried it and they made the corals slime a lot. But the slime goes away in an hour or so. I think that is a good sign right? because that's how they capture the food, and then they eat their own slime..is that how it's supposed to work?

I did a little poking around on the internet and that vile was supposed to be good for a 250 tank.. I've used reef chili before (sorry, I know that's a competitor), and the instructions on that were to put it in a water bottle with tank water and shake vigourously to mix.. I've done the same method with reef frenzy. I assume that is the best way to introduce it to the tank right? In other instructions for usage?

Last edited:
Yes you mix the powder in with tank water and either stir or shake it to blend the food. It can then be target fed or dispersed in a high flow area.

The only likeness to Cyclopeeze is the reddish color. Otherwise there is nothing comparebly the same in ingredients between the two.

Yes the vile should feed roughly 250 gallons worth.

Yes you would need 5 viles of Coral Frenzy if you were trying to feed a 1250 gallon tank. I usually feed my tank 3 times a week. If you have that large of a tank I would recommend mixing it up and target feeding your corals instead.

Target feeding? :lol: My tank is 35" deep and target feeding hasn't worked out too well so far. Because of the way I feed the tank, that hasn't been much of an issue. I have a beautiful orange fungia on the bottom, never fed it, and it is thriving quite well. I guess I will need to get more Frenzy if I expect to test it properly. Popping in 1/3 dose will give me no real data.

Jonathan and Jon,

You were supposed to feed it to the reef, NOT eat it yourselves mixed with the Salsa! ROFL...G&D

I did mix my sample with tank water and feed to my 360 reef. Though not a full dose for the tank, the corals all seemed pretty excited.

Vicki

Well, tried Frenzy for 2 days by itself. Results were not stellar. Less polyp extension on most than on reef roids and much less activity than on the Kent Zoaplex mixed with many other dry products. Water quality stayed fine so it appears to be non-polluting. The damsels loved it as they do with all foods. The anemone liked it too. Seems as good as any other quality micro food...

Back