Feeding frequency

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wgregww

Just curious how often everyone feeds their fish? Mine always seem like their starving and I do resist the temptation of feeding to often.

Every other day. Sometimes I feed every third day. A lot depends on how stocked your tank is and how much "natural" food you have.

I feed every other day as well. I think my fish would eat 5 times a day if I let them, however I like them picking off the rocks, to ensure I don't get an algae problem.

Do you only feed one time on that feeding day? Ive read were you should feed several small feedings a day.

I have read that as well... but only feed once, every other day.

I'm NOT trying to tell you that is the best feeding schedule to have your fish on... and it probably isn't... but it is what works for me, and my fidh don't look under fed by any means. They just find food on the rocks in my tank, helping keep them clean.

I feed small amounts of flakes, etc. 2-3 times a day and frozen food at least once a day, but work at home so am near the tank all day. Feed the tang nori at least once a day, a real hog! With all the filter feeders and cleaners' mouths to feed, really need to.

i used to feed every 2 or 3 days. but i made some changes to the tanks and added a few more fish and now feed 2x's a day

Wow see what I mean on the vast opinions. I was just trying to get a consensus on this subject.

Ill show you insted

Picture3001487.jpg

every day at 3 oclock sharp.

and i spinkle it in slow. so almost none of it gets to the bottem...

this method for me works
my clean up crew is happy, my fish are happy.. no battles going on on the ground no airel combat

it will all depend on what you have.. and how meny of them you have.

if you have a fish that needs meat, all the time you will be feeding more then that

Back