Feeling a tad homesick...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beckmola24

Hawkfish
I've been missing Seattle lately so maybe y'all could help me out here ;) I'm curious what all has changed in the past year and half. Did they ever finish 522? (for all of y'all that live in Monroe and beyond) ;) Anyone have some good pics of any of the usual places (pikes place, the pier, alki beach, the needle, the cascades or olypmics, good ol' Mt Ranier)... I can't believe I haven't gotten back there since I moved.... :cry: It would be so hard to leave again.

I didn't figure they finished it yet ;) It was a mess when we left. Where do u live in Monroe? we lived in the neighborhood by the Dodge dealership right off of 522....

cool. yep we lived in the Fryelands :) The appreciation of the houses there is crazy. We lived there for only a year before my husband took the job in houston, and we sold our house for about 50k more than we bought it for... We thought we'd be in the hole, but were shocked to find out that the appreciation there was that high.

in seattle its condo-ville now. they just sold the north parking lot of quest field to build more condo's. pretty soon you will not be able to drive or park in downtown period.
about 1 mill new starbucks went in.
seahawks got their but wooped in superbowl.
boeing has hired alot more people.
mariners still suck.
sonics are crying about fixing key arena they want 200 mill to fix it. (let them go to the eastside who cares!!)

I know I forgot a few things.

they are doing better but still they suck. they only have about 20 k fans on a good night. lets see what happens in august

That's an amazing pic! How's the snow been in the mountains? Are they predicting a good season this coming winter? What's Redmond like these days? I have friends still at MSFT, and they say it's going to pot there (in their opinions anyway)

The snow is receding now, but we actually had a winter this year! (Thankfully) I didn't have any time to go skiing though, but such is life. Who knows this winter? I hope we have another decent one. =)

Redmond is still there, but most of my MSFT friends agree with yours. Times are certainly changing there, and people are leaving like a sinking ship. We'll see how things go.

-Dylan

Llarian said:
Redmond is still there, but most of my MSFT friends agree with yours. Times are certainly changing there, and people are leaving like a sinking ship. We'll see how things go.
-Dylan

It's crazy how many people are leaving... In about a year and a half, almost everyone that used to be on the Office team with my husband has left... It's crazy... People used to stay there at MSFT for life...

They are building like mad everywhere bothell /arlington- everywhere . Apartments galore !!! :-(

Back