~Finally, Beckmola24's 90g is up and running~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish, do you find that works really well?? Did you just get fans from Radio Shack or are the Ice Cap fans (or something like that)... Also what size are u using? I didn't read, just looked at the pics, so sorry if you mention it in your thread :)

Would I be good just getting 3 of the 4" coralife fans or something like that?

Look what I just found at drs foster and smith! It would be neat for the sump area. I wonder if they could be mounted in the canopy too??
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...x=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=2004&Nty=1

Last edited:
Wow, my tank has been running for 2 months now. I've kept it empty besides the live rock. It has cycled and is fairly stable. I am so excited because I turned on the lights for the first time in weeks to find pods crawling all over the walls of the tank!!! That's the first life in my tank!!!!!!!!! I'm really excited over this as you may be able to tell :) I put some Zoe in the water to feed them and get them to multiply even more... Will that work? I am out of DT's right now and need to get some more... Does anyone know if pods will consume the Zoe?

Hi Becky.

All you have to do is place a pinch of flakes every couple of days.

THat will feed them all. No need to buy any additives.

Best,
Ilham

Geesh! How did I miss these questions(LOL) Sorry guys

I'm just messin with ya man.

Hey hows the baby brewer doin?

Baby's doing good...Time is ticking:)

Krish, do you find that works really well?? Did you just get fans from Radio Shack or are the Ice Cap fans (or something like that)... Also what size are u using? I didn't read, just looked at the pics, so sorry if you mention it in your thread

Hey Becky! The fans I brought in myself from one of our suppliers. They are basically the same thing you can get from Radio Shack though...I'm running (2) 5 inch fans on the sides that blow in cool air and (3) 3 inch fans on the top that suck the hot air out of the canopy. I found that this way (for me) works the best for cooling. I tried a few other ways like the fans blowing in from the back, but it wasn't as effective:)

Also, congrats with your tank and how well it is doing for you:)

Very awesome Becky, just a note, is there a such ting as too big of a skimmer? LOL hey if you can stuff it in there then it should be the right size right? :)

Scooterman said:
Very awesome Becky, just a note, is there a such ting as too big of a skimmer? LOL hey if you can stuff it in there then it should be the right size right? :)

lol, my husband thought I was crazy and it barely fit in that sump. But it fits and I can get the collection cup out to empty it :) The only problem I seem to be running into is the heat from the lights, but that was kind of expected.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I am busy looking around my LFS's to find a good "first" fish :) The one I frequently visit, just got in some SWEET flasher wrasses.

Back