Finally found a use for these!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mmn_usn

bblhd reefer
I used my eggcrate and made a holder with some neodynium magnets(epoxy coated) and then rinsed and glued my zoas to the filter media and tada... propagation plugs and a holder.

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

Nice job mmn_usn!

That is a sweet idea! Nice job, you will get great flow for the zoa frags. I sure appreciate good ideas and you hit this big time! I'm excited to see how well your new system grows the frags into colonies.

All the Best
artguy1

I orded the magnets from K&J Magnetics. They are Grade N42 disc, 1/2" x 1/8". I got 50 of them. I ordered them on a Friday using the USPS service and recieved them on Monday. Great service. They even included some free magnets to play with. They came epoxy coated. I did that to ensure that I could attach them with the plastic glue and that the magnet was not directly touching the water.

The only thing that I wish had done was put more spaces in the rack for more frags.... Hmmm I guess I am pulling it out to add more... have tons of zoas to frag.

Mine barely fit into the egg crate that i have. I haven't used them like that very much. I've used it some when I've glue another chunk of rock/shell on top of it. I also use a cable tie and have it go through 3 or 9 of them (depending on the size i want and how long the cable tie is)

Back