Finnex t5 Lights

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mcvicker

Loony Bin
Does anybody have any experience with these? I know the sunlight supply tek lights seem to be the way to go with the individual parabolic reflectors, but for half the price these seem like a good deal. I was thinking of them as supplemental to existing light. I just don't have much experience with this company.
-chris

this was the company who built the heater that electrocuted my tank. I'll never purchase this brand again. terrible customer service.

That said, the T5s may be fine. can you find out what type of ballasts they use? The tek 5's for instance run on an advanced ballast and what you'll find is that there are a lot of other companies out there that use the same ballast. if it's the same ballast, you should be fine.. that is, unless you have a problem with them and have to deal with their customer service :oops:

Does anybody have any experience with these? I know the sunlight supply tek lights seem to be the way to go with the individual parabolic reflectors, but for half the price these seem like a good deal. I was thinking of them as supplemental to existing light. I just don't have much experience with this company.
-chris

Thanks for the information. I don't know on the ballast. That is a great link on the t5 light retro package. Do you know if the lights they offer for the additional $10 are any good? I would probably get those and then possibly upgrade to giessman or comparable down the line. It looks like they are going to be offering a full fixture model too. There is a blank web page set up for it. I like the idea of a fixture, but the retro would work.
-chris

Thanks for the information. I don't know on the ballast. That is a great link on the t5 light retro package. Do you know if the lights they offer for the additional $10 are any good? I would probably get those and then possibly upgrade to giessman or comparable down the line. It looks like they are going to be offering a full fixture model too. There is a blank web page set up for it. I like the idea of a fixture, but the retro would work.
-chris

chris - not sure how good the bulbs are. I tried to find out the same question when I posted this thread on it.. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29265

appears nobody has tried them yet. I'm sure they are probably just fine and if it's price you're worried about, there is really no way to beat $10 a bulb you know.

Back