First tank disaster.........

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

based on this statement here "you'd have to replace almost 40% of your salt water volume with FW to get a drop from 1.025 to 1.016,"

and your statement here " I don't allow the two in the same room "

makes me believe this

" I think you mixed up the salt water with your top off fresh water and during the last water change you added the freshwater. "

I must have inhaled......

I only added 6 gallons of saltwater and the level was brought back up.... whatever happened, hope it never happens again!!!

based on this statement here "you'd have to replace almost 40% of your salt water volume with FW to get a drop from 1.025 to 1.016,"

and your statement here " I don't allow the two in the same room "

makes me believe this

" I think you mixed up the salt water with your top off fresh water and during the last water change you added the freshwater. "

I must have inhaled......

Me, as a tech support rep still think you added 5 gallons of fresh water, or you have a problem with solar flares, sunspots and magnetic interfearences. The device between the chair and the keyboard will just not accept it.

just kidding ...

You might also consider calibrating your refractometer with calibration fluid, instead of water, purified or not. Obviously, the meter isn't at fault, as you had corals perish. Just a suggestion for more accurate readings in the future.

Dang, you're hardcore!!! ANYTHING is possible, I take full responsibility....sir.
:oops:

Me, as a tech support rep still think you added 5 gallons of fresh water, or you have a problem with solar flares, sunspots and magnetic interfearences. The device between the chair and the keyboard will just not accept it.

just kidding ...

Anyone know what percentage of the salt in your tank salt is contained in the sand?? Alot?? Not much??

Just whatever amount of water that is in the sand, for instance if there is a total of 50 gallons altogether of water in your system and 1 gallon of that is in the sand, then 2% of your salt is in the sand. Salt does not precipitate out or concentrate in the sand if that is what you are thinking....

Back