Fish died in worst place ever

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Are you talking about doing a water change every day for a week Charlie?

I was just going to do one water change and do 40-50gallons instead.

Well I will say that i have a good amount of fish in my tank. I think before i start to replenish the tank with fish i should get some good macro going in my fuge.

Well I will say that i have a good amount of fish in my tank. I think before i start to replenish the tank with fish i should get some good macro going in my fuge.

I think that is a good idea. What fish do you have left in there? If you get the macro going well before the restocking, that can only be to your advantage. JMHO.

Go with chaeto!!!!:D

Well as of right now i have:

2 4" Porkfish
1 4" Blue tang
2 2.5" yellowtail snappers
1 2" Green Mandarin
1 6" Eingineer goby
1 4" Niger trigger
2 3" Clarkis Clowns

I would like to add another yellowtail snapper, a Powder Blue Tang, and a Naso tang. Then a brown banded bamboo shark.

Well for one thing Xenia will absorb Nutrients just like any other living coral. Plus my Fuge is bare bottom so if i got xenia to grow in there and spread through out the glass bottom i could harvest it very easily. Once i have harvested it i can trade it in for store credit or just sell it to people at work. Either way its a cash crop for me. Plus i think xenia looks a lot better than macroalgae.

No, they won't absorb probably as much as cheato but it will still absorb it. Its just an idea my LFS gave me and i wanted to try it. But i can't let greed stand in my verses my fish's health.

Well i had the PB in first and then i added the naso and he immediately was harrased from the PB that lasted for about a week when the naso finally had enough and fought back and really beat the crap out of my PB. After that the PB healed up and left the naso alone. My naso and BT got along great. SO far nobofy knows at my fiances house that the naso is missing.

I have to wait till Monday to replace him. Which really sucks but patience pays i guess. I think Wensday i am going to buy a bunch of macro and scratch the xenia idea.

i am looking to try out a naso or powder brown with my hippo's..that could be a disater..if it is, i will seperate them..i thought my hippo's would fight, but they are good friends..that is in a 30g..when they get in the 125g i think it will be really cool

Ron,

I may not be the first person here to say and i may be disliked for saying it but just because someone says it can't be done doesn't mean its true. I have done a lot of things that i'd rather not talk about on here because most people may say its cruel and mean but i have done them regardless of what others have told me and i have to say about 90% of the time it works out just fine. Failure only educates you!

oh, i know...i've heard that some tangs can never be kept together, but every fish is different..it may or may not work out...it just depends on the temperament of the fish..i'm thinking of trying it out...if it doesn't work out, no harm done..i will remove it and get a big tank for it!!:)

Back