Fish don't fart. Right?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kpiotrowski

Kevin
I mean in all my years of fishkeeping I have NEVER seen a bubble come out of one's :censored:. So I guess its safe to say.

My blue Tang does it all the time. Just swimming around and then all of a sudden a grouping of bubbles come out as rise to the top. Don't see why they wouldn't, they eat food and have to have bacteria in the stomach to break down the food. By product of the bacteria is gas.

Now why did come up with an intelligent answer right away? I was trying to have fun with it. seriously though, the largest fish I have ever had were fw oscars....and I guess they were very discrete.

I love the part on the swedish navy thinkng its russian submarines.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

that is about the wierdest/funniest thing I have ever heard... farting to communicate, I think I want some herring.

finally watched that video. Awesome...farting on command. wish I had that abilty sometimes ( think crowded elevator...or at the in-laws).....or in line at the store...or theater. OH I KNOW, AIRPLANES!!! Where there is no escape!

I was able to change my fish's diet and get rid of all my MP40's and Koralias. I switched them to a bean based flake food and the turbulence created by all the fish flatulence creates laminar flow and so supplementary flow is not needed.

I was able to change my fish's diet and get rid of all my MP40's and Koralias. I switched them to a bean based flake food and the turbulence created by all the fish flatulence creates laminar flow and so supplementary flow is not needed.

Won't your parameters change when you go to a larger tank. I gas you will figure that out when you fart around with it.

Back