Fish dying?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Good start :>)

Be sure they fully consume all you feed them as uneaten food becomes polution.
While tank is cycling less food is better than more, but remember that the food is energy for the fish

The store might or might not have measured all the toxins in the system. All they had was a vial of water, a test kit, and a customer they want to sell something to.
Take your time and add no more fish until the tank has matured a few months or is showing signs of stability. Signs such as tiny shrimps, small sponges and worms spontaniously appearing. For the first few months, the display will still have little cycles. If the tank was perfect, there wouldn't be dying fish :>(

Sorry if this sounds like a downer

doesn't sound like a downer, the LFS I went to (actually 2) both tested ,and weren't try two sell me anything:)also tested my self first ,I also found it odd since theirs something wrong.One of my crabs got ahold of a chromis so he didn't make it.and all are accounted for except for one ,sould I move the rock around to find it or see what happens. iwas thinking of waiting since so much has happened in the tank already.As for adding fish ,thats the plan.

You sound like a very conscientious hobbyist, good job!

Best to move as little as possible and keep hands out of tank as much as possible. Stability is your best friend.

Looking forward to seeing pictures when you feel the time is right

IMG_20110127_171631.jpg
IMG_20110101_122103.jpg

I found the last fish, heres a picture of my tank,still figuring how to do the picture thing.

Last edited:
Back