fish for my 2.5 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

scottmdebord

I was wondering if it is possible to get a fish that full grow would be okay in a 2.5 gal. Or if it is just to small to keep a fish. I set it up as a desktop coral only tank but it wouls be cooler if I had some movement in there. So if anyone knows of a fish that would work I'm not to picky as long a its colorful. Thanks

There is maybe one fish that is suitable for a 10 gallon aquarium, but in general, the 2.5 is just too small for marine fishes.

A shrimp would be cool. I was looking online and the smallest fish I could find was a dwarf goby do you think it would still be to big for a 2.5 gal the avg size it said was 2.2 cm long

That was the fish I had in mind for the 10 gallon aquarium. If you really want fish, consider a larger aquarium. :)

I have a 3 gallon with mushrooms and zoas. I had a fish in there for a short time and it just caused issues. Algae blooms, etc. It was just too much waste for such a small volume of water. I suppose you might be able to make it work if you had a skimmer. But it is just too small for a fish. My tank is much better without any fish, mushrooms and zoas are looking tons better.

2.5gal IS pretty small, but you could maybe try a trimma or eviota sp. goby. Most max out around or under 1".. We've gotten some in at the shop that came in at 1/3 of an inch. AMAZINGLY tiny.. The rest are usually around 1/2".

Back