Fish going crazy after skimmer change

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
I installed my new skimmer last night and all day today , my Foxface is extremely active. Acts like a caged animal.... ......anybody experience this????
:evil:

Did you have a skimmer before? It could be that your O2 levels are elevated ( a good thing) in which case the fish can breathe easier and are merely excited because they feel better.

Do you have a ground probe? Hopefully the pump is not leaking electricity into the tank. Just a thought

Do you have a ground probe? Hopefully the pump is not leaking electricity into the tank. Just a thought

Now you did it.:) I'll ask this now. Lets not turn this into another ground probe debate.:)

A ground probe is simply a titanium probe with a cord that grounds your tank to your homes gound system.

Don

Where would it be located???

Now you did it.:) I'll ask this now. Lets not turn this into another ground probe debate.:)

A ground probe is simply a titanium probe with a cord that grounds your tank to your homes gound system.

Don

Ok, if it's in the sump, I saw it when I was installing the new skimmer. I was moving things around t make room. I wonder if I jacked it up in the process..........:mad:

You would know if you had one. The probe goes in the sump or tank and the other end plugs into the wall.

Don

It just plugs in the wall and has a probe you put in your sump or tank. It only connects with the outlet with the ground pin the other two are plastic. Sorry, never been in on on the probe debate. My tank got happier years ago after installing one. But I have since replaced everything that could have leaked. Still go the probes though

You buy them at the lfs

It just plugs in the wall and has a probe you put in your sump or tank. It only connects with the outlet with the ground pin the other two are plastic. Sorry, never been in on on the probe debate. My tank got happier years ago after installing one. But I have since replaced everything that could have leaked. Still go the probes though

You buy them at the lfs

I was only joking, ground probes are always a subject of debate.:p

Don

Ok, if it's in the sump, I saw it when I was installing the new skimmer. I was moving things around t make room. I wonder if I jacked it up in the process..........:mad:

Is this not your tank? You cant mess up a ground probe its either their or its not. They are there for safety. Maybe unplug the skimmer just to be on the safe side and see what happens. You can check for voltage but you will need a dvom.

Don

Don, after reading this post I did some reasearch on ground probes and came across you post a while ago that said to use a voltmeter and go from ground to disaplay and see if there is a voltage. I did this out of curiosity, and on my one tank it read 0, but my nano read 11v so i unpluged everything and it whent down to 7. Is this an actual reading or is it just backfeed from something.

After some more troubleshooting found that 7v came from my hood?

Don, after reading this post I did some reasearch on ground probes and came across you post a while ago that said to use a voltmeter and go from ground to disaplay and see if there is a voltage. I did this out of curiosity, and on my one tank it read 0, but my nano read 11v so i unpluged everything and it whent down to 7. Is this an actual reading or is it just backfeed from something.

After some more troubleshooting found that 7v came from my hood?

7v is just induced I wouldnt worry until it get up to about 60vac or so. My latest sensors start looking for the source at 90vac.

Don

oh no... here we go again lol

back to the skimmer and the fish.....

what kind pump? was on the skimmer

is the fish the only thing acting diffrent?

could it be a new sound or something?

Probes and GFI outlets are a NO NO

:lol::lol:.......He is fine today. Must've just been enjoying the clean air!!!!

oh no... here we go again lol

back to the skimmer and the fish.....

what kind pump? was on the skimmer

is the fish the only thing acting diffrent?

could it be a new sound or something?

Probes and GFI outlets are a NO NO

Back