Fish Out Of Waters New LEDS Pics included

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fishoutofwater

So i finally ordered some new lighting and went with LEDs. MY metal halides are killing me in the heat and consumption department. So I went with the new stark leds which are 10ea 3w white and 10ea 3w blue. (cree bulbs) Each unit has dimmers for both white and blue and are powered seperatly. the kit is awesome. Comes with the LED unit along with 2 digital timers, hanging kit and 4 extra reflectors. All wiring is nice and simple. This is installed in my 210 reef. I did keep the 4 x 48" t-5's as there were dark spots in the front and back of tank but this was expected. I currently have them installed as of today and am running them at less then half power to get the corals acclimated to them. Once fully ramped up they are nice and bright. I still get the shimmer effect i got with the halides and it looks like its more. Here are some pics.

Cree LEds By starkleds
018-6.jpg

035-4.jpg

3x250w hqi and 4x48"t-5's
012-8.jpg

037-3.jpg

004-10.jpg

005-10.jpg

180w leds installed
054-1.jpg

180w leds and t-5s
060-1.jpg

065-1.jpg

061-1.jpg

064-1.jpg

my new WELLSO BRAIN
034-4.jpg

Last edited:
Are the dark stripes in the pics actually visible with the eye or is it a camera thing? I'm just wondering if you are getting the shadow from between the LED units. I love the color though. Looks awesome. We are considering something of this sort for our 180.

Are the dark stripes in the pics actually visible with the eye or is it a camera thing? I'm just wondering if you are getting the shadow from between the LED units. I love the color though. Looks awesome. We are considering something of this sort for our 180.

That's just from the camera. Can't see it with the naked eye. I have just the blues on right now and man those are intense. It's even on the lower setting. I love the color too. Thanks. My tank is 5ft so with a 6 foot you would need 4.

i see 5 boxes but it appears you replaced each 250w halide with one LED unit for a total of 3 over the tank. correct? these look to be the same make and model as the SWC brand. what was cost per unit?

i see 5 boxes but it appears you replaced each 250w halide with one LED unit for a total of 3 over the tank. correct? these look to be the same make and model as the SWC brand. what was cost per unit?

Actually 6 boxes. My friend got 3 and I got 3. I have 3 installed which replaced my 3 x 250 w hqi's. Price was $389 ea

Wow very nice looking lights and a very beautiful tank. Love the look to these lights. Contacted Stark and they said my e-mail was forwarded to you. Where did you purchase your lights. Looking to set up a 90 while I build the main display tank. Any information and help is appreciated.

Back