Fish pedicure

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ghazni

ghazni
Reefers, do we osee urselves opening a SPA in house:lol:?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008223224_webfish02m.html

Pedicures by fish — the use of live, tiny carp to clean feet — has been deemed unsanitary and illegal by the state.

The state Department of Licensing issued a statement this afternoon saying officials were "greatly concerned" that customers, in their quest for smooth heels, are willing to soak their feet in a tank of toothless fish that feast on dead skin.

Christine Anthony, spokeswoman for the department, said it's impossible to sanitize the live fish. "You can clean the tank, you can clean the water, but there's no guarantee that the fish aren't carrying something from the previous customer."

The funny part about this is that I had a friend who hunted frantically to find 200 of these fish for his brothers wife to use in her spa. She was obsessed with the idea of being first to have them in her town. Now their state has copied WA's ruling on them and she has 200 ugly little brown fish that she can't use for anything!

They actually only use the fish one time per day btw, and then they're run through an antibiotic treatment, but who knows what sort of things could still be passed on. I know people lined up in droves to try it though ;).

Barbie

There is no way you could get me to have a fish clean my feet if I ever knew it cleaned anybody elses feet lol.

Back