fish trap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

1fishkeeper

Keeper of the algae
I was wanting to know if anyone had a fish trap that I could rent or barrow. I have a clown that is killing and attacking everything in my tank. I have tried the pop bottle with no luck. Turning on the lights in the middle of the night. I have even gotten to the point where I put a needle at the end of a stick to make a spear to kill the sucker its getting me so mad. Draining the tank is not a option unless someone has a couple of 100 gallon tanks that I could pump the water into. I so wish they had a shocker like they do with the fish and game to shock the rivers to get counts. Or even better anyone a fish whisper that can talk it to jump into the net?

I had one that was floating around Tacoma somewhere. I'm not sure who ended up with it. That would be available to use. ( Someone from PSAS?)
I also have another that is in Burien.
Carlos ( seedlessinseattle ) just finished using it.

One trick I have used on tangs that refuse to bite at a baited hook or go into a trap:
Cut a piece of plexi or glass to almost the depth of the tank, full height and another smaller one that is also full height. move the rock to one end of the tank and make a partial wall separating 1/3 of the tank without the rock. The smaller one will be up against the mostly wall. Hold them from falling with clips of any type, or big rocks against them and shove into the sand. Feed the fish only in the empty end. When the fish you want to catch is in the empty end, slide the smaller piece finishing the complete divider. Sort of like a transparent pocket door in a transparent wall. Once the fish is trapped in the empty end, just net it out.

I cant do that I glued most of my rock together. Its a black and white Occ clown that is kicking everyones butt. She even almost killed my blond naso tang that is three times her size.

No need for the trap. It has taken me over a week to catch her and I just did at 12:30am. She is in my sump for now until I figure out I plan on doing with her. I guess I just needed a bigger net. I turned the light on after being dark for a couple of hours. I then used a sick to push her out of them nem she lives in and netted her out in the open. Looking at her she has some major cuts and scratches on her from me chasing her and her crashing into the rocks trying to get away from me. Now maybe everything can live in peace for now.

Back