Fish wanted!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Terry thanks for the information, how do they fair in a reef, I read conflicting information about these.

Lost a good Pal!

Well this weekend I went to a near by city to check out a DFS (Distant Fish Store), this guy has been in business over 15 years, almost 10 in marine fish & corals also has a good rep. He had a foxface for the past three weeks. So I decided to get him, took him home & acclimated him slowly. I also picked up a false Perk, it is so tiny, I was worried about my sixline getting to him but all four fish seem to get alone great the first two days, I watched from a distance carefully. For the first time I finally had a peaceful tank with more than just two fish, beautiful combination. I was worried about stress (the foxface is still a little shy) so I covered the tank, which in turn raised the temp up a little higher than normal 83.7dF. This morning on the way to work I found my hippo on the floor, after having him several years now it hit me all day today, still bummed out. My guess is the new foxface spooked it, I don't think it is normal for him to jump like that. I usually keep a modified egg crate over the tank but recently decided it wasn't necessary anymore, fish been fine for some time now. The foxface is going great, still adjusting, I know it will take some time to adjust, we're trying not to spook him in any way. The ocellaris is so cool, talk about an active little critter he is, I hope he sleeps enough because he seems to not sleep much. I Miss my tang, he went through the overflow drain several times when he was younger, if I would of just gotten to him sooner, I must of missed him by just an hour or less. I wonder if I should try and get another one day, just don't know exactly what went wrong.

I'm so sorry about the Hippo! :( . Glad you were able to find a couple of more fish for your system. My Magnificant rabbitfish took several weeks to get used to us. She now happily swims up to me when I approach the tank. At first she would dart to the back....then all she did was camoflage, and now she maintains color and swims to see what I'm up to. She has a great personality. Keep us posted on how the new aquisitions do!

Well, I found a faulty heater, Ebo is sticking, & not running at the correct temp, very inconsistent. Is there a really good heater out there? I only need one during the winter months, the rest of the year I can keep things rather stable. I also have a Won Digital Titanium($50), neither can keep good temps, both are fairly new. I have a pin point temp. meter, & a rainbow lifegard both fairly accurate, these heaters are eating my lunch, I have about 5 all together, they all work but who knows when & for how long lol. Ok, well other than that, I made egg crate rails, leaving the center section open to allow for full light, I put a piece front and back about 4" inward, this should work to keep fish in a little better than just an open tank.

Scott sorry to hear about your hippo...that really sucks man...
I've got a Won titanium and havent noticed any issues with it. Do you have the digital? I've heard a couple of negative things about them in the past, but the regular ones are sposed ot be okay....but then again so are the Ebo's...I've never had a bad Visi-therm...but they are glass and can break.

Nick

Back