flatworm id please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JaxReef

I cant figure out what this is. It split in 2 when I touched it

w3.jpg

w2.jpg

worm.jpg

Did this come off of 1 of your acropora?? It sure looks like a flatworm to me, but whether it's the AEFW species I am not sure.

Looks like flatworm to me. I am sorry to say I know all too well, being a host tank for a nice extended family of flatworms.

John

Dipping all of your Acros will help... but if those acros are, and have been in your main display tank, you will need to treat your entire tank. The thead Mike (Herefishyfishy) gave you is a good one to read, along with the various links given there.

Last edited:
that is a AEFW and I did find others. My plan is to buy a 54 bow front tank which will fit very nice next to my 210 so I can just drop a 400w halide over it and hook up the ca reactor without moving it. I will use the kalk reactor to keep up on the 210.

if you are going to dip the corals then use fluke tabs, 4x dosage on box for 20min in a 5 gal bucket. works wonders. note: DO NOT treat the who tank with fluke tabs, i was the guine pig on that and lost about a 100 different sps species all large colonies and a boat load of frags

Tim

no losses in 2 weeks, so far so good however with out removing all acros from the main tank its not a sure thing

Back