Flatworms HELP

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wat size tank?
Red ones? Been their done that!
I sold off a bunch of coral, rock, and nems for cheap. Told em to dip the jeeberz out of it all.
Than I dosed a heavy dosage of salifert flatworm exit.
Use a net and net em out. Rinse under sink. Do this a lot.

After uve treated the tank. Wc and or carbon!
Watch ur tank and treat again. Flatworm exit will not kill the eggs.
So you will see more. .hths
D

I didn't want to go the chemical route so I got a Melanurus Wrasse, he wiped them out. I had them bad, all over everything. The day after I put him in the tank and he got settled in the aquarium, he started picking them off. After about two weeks, I couldn't find any and haven't seen one since. They are the best fish for this purpose and they are also a very attractive fish. Him and my McCoskers Wrasse get along great.

A melanarus wrasse will wipe them out in no time. Otherwise FW exit works like a charm too. Siphon out as many as you can see daily for a week or two before you treat though otherwise you run the risk of nuking your tank when you dose. They release toxins when they die and can kill a tank in a matter of hours. Fish, corals, everything.

The six-line wrasse was very helpful for getting them out of my tank. I have never tried the Melanurus, but it seems to have worked for others. The six-line was reasonably priced.

I think the 6 line is probably a little cheaper than the melanurus, and more available. I have heard that the 6 line can be a little more aggressive than the melanurus. I think that they are hit and miss, like most fish.

I have the same problem.. I got a melanarus wrasse and I did flat worm exit.. still have the problem. Now I will continue to siphon them out..and get more predators.

Back