float switches

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mark peacock

marine67
Hi guys does anyone no of any good float switches with the pump attached to suck the ro/di into the tank from a water container any web sites that i could check out.mark:)

Hi guys does anyone no of any good float switches with the pump attached to suck the ro/di into the tank from a water container any web sites that i could check out.mark:)

I have the ATO. Works great, cost about $100.00. Can't remeber where I got it. :doubt:

I use the JBJ auto top off as well. I got it for $85 on sale at Marine Depot a few months ago, it's normally $100. So far it's been extremely reliable. The switches have guards on them to prevent snails from blocking the switch. Mine's in my sump and there are no snails there, so I can't comment on how effective this feature actually is.

I use an aqualifter for the pump and a cheap switch from floatswitches.net, now aquahub or something. $30 and it works great! I -did- make a snail gaurd though, out of a prescription bottle. Just drilled a bunch of holes in it and 1 in the lid to route the wires for the switch. Are you a DiY type?

i just checked and they have a good deployment guide for thier switches, check this out: http://www.aquahub.com/store/diygaquarium.html

Back