flow ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trashman

hello i have a 75 reef with 2 korillia 2's and i just got 2 maxi-jet 1200's with the 2100 gph sure flow mod kit and i was trying to figure out if that will be to much flow they seem to have alot of power behind them. i guess what i want to know is will it be bad for my corals or good or should i put 1 mj in and keep the 2 k2's in the tank or put all 4 in the tank.

What types of coral are you keeping? I run a pretty heavy sps 60 gallon tank and I have around 3500 gph flow on it.

Where you having any issues just running the pair of Koralias? If not, i would just stick with them. Zoas and acans don't need mega flow.

I depends a lot on how you direct it, but IME acans dont like a ton of flow. Your going to probably have to point most of them at the surface, or possibly remove one.

Peace

i had the k2's at middle to bottom but was getting algae on the top rocks so i moved them up and now i am getting algae on the sand/crushed coral because there seems to be an issue with flow down there.

Algae comes from excess nutrients, not too little flow. All the flow is going to do is determine where the algae is going to grow. You need to physically remove the algae, and the extra nutrients in the water if you want the algae to go away.

Peace

Back