Flower Anemone Eating My Copper Banded Butterfly

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wrightme43

Ok I came home after it had started. Copper banded was doing very well for almost a year. I guess it screwed up and got snatched up by the anemone. OOOPPPSss! LOL.
So with out further ado. I bring you the eating of a copper banded, followed by its theft by a serpent star.

that is too bad, I am sorry for your loss, I know we all take that gamble when we have anemones in our reef tanks..

Matt

BTW Great pictures....

To be honest I wasnt upset at all. I was more like WOW that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Those are the flower anemone from www.reeftopia.com they are nonhosting, but really beautiful. I have a green/pearl white beaded one, a insanely yellow one, and that green/purple one. They are very very sticky. Anyway I just thought you all would want to see it.

yeah that is something that you don't see everyday. It is kinda cool but it really sucks at the same time. just going to have to replace him and move on I guess. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago I had an anemone get a hold of a yellow wrasse and that was the end of him. Not sure what kind of anemone it was but it still sucked lol

I bot a few of those from Reeftopia. Great outfit, cool anemonies too. Sold off mine due to switching to SPS. Carpets and flowers though all pretty dangerous for fish and other corals, are a lot of fun

wwoouu dood , that sucks though :(.
probably the anemone got jelous because you were spending to much time with your bike and decided to get your attention:p:D and if you look in the last picture, your angel has a face of ...that could have been me :D.

Love your Avatar Gaby. Glad to see you. My girlfriend is getting jealous of the motorbike as well. LOL

LOL!!! i'm glad the bike hasn't made you forget about RF :p.
Curt was asking about you not so long ago dood ...you should pm him sometime arounf this year :p:D

To be honest I wasnt upset at all. I was more like WOW that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Those are the flower anemone from www.reeftopia.com they are nonhosting, but really beautiful. I have a green/pearl white beaded one, a insanely yellow one, and that green/purple one. They are very very sticky. Anyway I just thought you all would want to see it.

Can you post a pic of your insane yellow one I have never seen that color before.

Sure its in the process of crawling inside of a rock and crawling out the other side. It may be a few days untill its where I can photo it.
I got the wholsale 6 pack of them from reeftopia 5$ each. All 6 were different.

That's nasty! I just bought one of those flowers this weekend! Yikes!
Maybe this is a good thing, the only fish I have left is a fiji blue devil damsel.
He has single handedly killed everything in my tank, and is now going after my
corals. Time to say good-bye to him. Maybe my flower will be havin' fish tonite!

Back