Fluorescent bulbs? Which are best?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sjw87

Hey everyone,

I know most people don't have Fluorescent bulbs but I was curious as to what brand people think is the best for like a 50/50 type bulb. I am putting this on a tank that its mainly fish with a few things that don't need stong light. I need to replace the bulbs because they are getting old but my condy and polyps are and have been doing just fine. Just looking for opinions.

Thanks,

Steven

I like coralife bulbs good solid end caps and reasonable priced. Crappy packaging but I throw it away when I get home anyway. LOL

I too like Coralife Bulbs and would suggest that if you have a place for 2 bulbs then get an Actinic and also a 10,000K. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

I have a 55g and each side can hold 1 light. Should I put 2 different ones on each side or keep it like I have it now with 50/50s on each side?

wrightme43 said:
just like you have it.

Yep!

I was saying if you had 2 bulbs front to back running the full length of the tank. I really like the way it looks with both bulbs.

But for the way you have it set up go for the 50/50's. Otherwise half of your tank would be blue and the other half yellow. :oops:

Ditto's....if you are talking non PC's....URI are the way to go....

MikeS

Back