Foam in the aquarium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MrGone

:)
I remember reading about this last year on RC and people were using the great stuff pond foam and another off brand that they said they liked more, but I've also heard people use the regular great stuff? I was in Home Depot yesterday and found three different types of Great Stuff (couldn't find the pond version though) and was wondering if the regular version is reef safe? I was thinking about build a mini rock wall/structure using some old rubble in my picotope.

I could only find the yellow, black, and red cans of great stuff there, I wasn't really paying attention to the differences between the two. I was hoping someone here would have some experience or a quick answer.

Thanks!
-Shawn

I seen regular used but I believe most epoxy over it. there is another one that I used it is in the lawn and garden section aka out side that works great and did not need to epoxy over it. it is in a while can with a black lid I think it is called beketts can't remember but they will probly not have a clue my buddy told me where it was at home depo.

Red can you should epoxy over it. I have seen it break down over the years and pollute a tank.

The pond type you do NOT have to epoxy, that is why more people are using it.

I've used both, and actually prefer the great stuff myself. Some of my rockwork is more than a couple years old, and I can't pull it apart. I have freespanning arch in my tank almost 5' long and it hasn't gone anywhere,

Back