Hammer Corals FeaterDuster
Zoanthids Plate Corals
Greenstar Polyps Sun Polyps
Candy Cane

I have
"Reef Complete" that has Calcium, Magnesium and Stontium
"DT's" Live Marine Phytoplankton
"Kent Marine" Zooplex

Anything else I should include, or stop using?? Iodine?

Thanks All

Oh yeah, also have "REEF Solution by Eco Systems"
claims it has major minerals and minor trace elements.
iodine is mentioned along with strontium, msgnesium, vit c...

Dosing with bottles for most tanks does more harm than good. They are tempting, but no expencive "fix in a bottle" will replace time and patience. The foods aren't all a bad thing if target feeding. Hard to beat regular water changes.

DTs is a good food, except it's a phyto plankton...which means plant matter...microscopic algae. Clams eat it but most corals are carnivorous, which means they need zooplankton. Coral Frenzy is a good one. There's also lots of DIY recipes out there, which will be the best overall diet, IMO.

As far as dosing any elements, don't dose anything that you don't test for. As was mentioned above, most bottled products are not all that good and can cause more problems than they fix. There's a great DIY 3 part recipe for Calcium, Alk and Magnesium in one of the links in my signature. There's also another link there for a reef chemistry calculator. The calculator will help determine how much of each to add, based on your current levels, through testing, and your desired levels. It's a good idea to be testing for Ca, Alk and Mg anyway. Most of these trace elements are somewhat replaced with regular water changes, unless you have corals or clams that are sucking up your Ca and Mg, such as SPS, Clams or Halimedia. LPS also does but not to near the extent.

Back