"For Sale" forums will be closing down

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK I took a peek at the classifieds and noticed most folks are loading the pictures as we like, but are also loading very large pics in the discription area, which we dont like:evil: as it is sucking up server, speed and so on.

So I am asking nicely for you all not to do that. I dont want to disable that feature but we cant continue with whats happening.

Mojo

OK folks two days so if you have ads in the "For Sale Forums" please start moving them over to the classifieds, We will be shutting them down.

Mojo

Ok these forums are now closed and have been moved into the library (as reference only)

Mojo

Just my opinion but reef frontiers was awesome before the new classified section. The capabilities of surfing the livestock for sale and equipment was quick and easy. I'm rarely on reef frontiers now that the classifieds have changed.

Just my opinion but reef frontiers was awesome before the new classified section. The capabilities of surfing the livestock for sale and equipment was quick and easy. I'm rarely on reef frontiers now that the classifieds have changed.

Well, you basically just spelled out to us as to why you are here first and foremost which is for the wrong reasons. By browsing the threads you started here in your profile will confirm it as well as more than half of your threads were started in the equipment or livestock for sale forums. This is a discussion site not an ebay/craig's list type of place. I think people need to keep in mind. JMHO. Sorry to be so harsh as I usually don't ever reply like this, but it really upsets me to see people make comments like this...

Last edited:
I'm not here to turn a profit. But do frequent the for sale ads. I think its a great way for reefers to get a good deal and to actually meet others in person. Sorry if i offended you but things were fine the way they were.

Kalristo their is alot more that goes into making a call like the one we had to with the for sale forums. If I listened to all the complaints I had about them, we would not have any type of place to sell or buy stuff. Instead I thought it would be better to find the so called latest in forum selling software and then buy it and pay someone to install it. If clicking a few extra buttons makes it so you dont want to come here..well thats fine to.

Mojo

I'm not here to turn a profit. But do frequent the for sale ads. I think its a great way for reefers to get a good deal and to actually meet others in person. Sorry if i offended you but things were fine the way they were.

...And things are still fine they way it is now. The for sale forums are still here in the form of the "classifieds section" where you can still buy and sell as you did before. A change in the layout of these "for sale forums" should not stop a person from visiting a site IMO unless that is the only reason they are here. You can still buy and sell as you did before and get good deals and meet others in person like you enjoyed. Nothing has changed but a layout.

lol its not about clicking a few extra buttons. its me giving my opinion. this is the feedback section of the forum isn't it? I guess this is why people don't voice their feedback.

Nahh feedback is always welcome, trust me I get it all the time :D

I guess I just missed the feedback part of that my friend?? I just kind of got "RF was awesome, but you change the For Sale Forums so now I dont come here" type of thing?? ;)

no biggie

Mojo

lol i do still come here but the FS section is like the guilty pleasure of it all ;)

Back