Forum Issues to deal with Tonight!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Scooterman

We are planning some service and upgrades to the 4-2-0 VB forum, this will allow some of the issues to be resolved and from there it will be security updates only as VB has released the NEW forums 5 which we will not do. Our data base is ten years or more old, and accumulated a ton over the years and trying to migrate to the new format would most likely destroy our site. We may have a few template style issues but we'll be ok otherwise.

I'm, just happy to still be here, so we'll just grow old together :argue:

The thought of loosing friends here almost became a reality, somehow after two days of being completley down and crashed, we pulled it off, so lets enjoy what we do have here and move forward!

Thanks everyone!:whoo:

Last edited:
Glad you were able to recover the site. I was lost for two days with out...:closed_2: One thought - are you able to create a separate data base independent of the web site of just user emails? This would allow administrators to send out status updates if there is another failure?

yea, sendig out 30k emails takes a while and a bunch bounces back lol, most do. but it is a thought!

Not all of us use or have facebook tbough. I had it for about a week. I deleted it because it caused some "drama" between some of my friends. I deleted them and it caused even more "drama". Kinda like myspace awhile back. I too was lost without rf. Think i got depressed a little. Good thing i could talk to my fish! Theyre VERY good listeners! Is that crazy? Nah!...lol

pandora,

you mean your fish dont talk back to you??? mine do.. :D

and yes, I have been to therapy....LOL LOL

Not all of us use or have facebook tbough. I had it for about a week. I deleted it because it caused some "drama" between some of my friends. I deleted them and it caused even more "drama". Kinda like myspace awhile back. I too was lost without rf. Think i got depressed a little. Good thing i could talk to my fish! Theyre VERY good listeners! Is that crazy? Nah!...lol

+1 :)

Thanks for your hard work.

All I have been able to see is some bulletin page for the last week????
I'm on tapatak right now but would like the old site back? Using iPhone IOS6

There are still some issues with the RF site and sure that Scott is pulling his hair out to fix them as fast as posible, I'd help but don't have enough hair left for the job... :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :frusty: :noidea:

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
Todd thanks for the reply I didn't know everyone was still having issues thought
It may have been the new IOS I was useing and most people could view the sight. I will have to Waite for a fix from people smarter then me working on it. ;)

The upgrade done was not compatable with most of our templates, on others just some of it was not. So we have to try and work out all of the bugs for each template, now some are easy some are hard and some just wont happen. I am going to give the code fellow that did the site a call and see how much it would cost for him to deal with it.For folks that are having a hard time try using different templates, also for those having other connection issues try clearing your cache and cookiesthanks mojo

This is the first time since my last post ive been able to see anything other than a vbulletin login page. I got on for a minute on my wifes laptop lastnight before vbulletin said i didnt have authorization to view the page, which ended up being the whole site. I use my motorola photon as my "computer". I dont use the forum app or taptalk. Ive been emailing scott for a few days now. Hes been very helpful, but man o man, i couldnt imagine the stress of life, then check your email to see 30,000+ problems. Thats gotta be frustrating for him. I thank you scott, as im sure everybody else here is thanful too, for your dedication and help with all this update "stuff". Im here now using v 4.2 as scott recommended.

Just switched over to newreef in the selections. The only problem i see is that some of the page at the top is overlapped. Im going to keep it on this setting and see what happens.

I just found another line of code that wasn't working, unfortunately it wasn't a huge difference lol! Working here and a full time career can sometimes get difficult. I find time a look at code and bit by bit but the guy that Mike was talking about did all of the major customizations, that is a major task or full time career.

I usually browse from my Iphone because I'm always on the go, but I just logged in on my pc and the site looks amazing Scooty!! Love the look!!! :peace:

Lol! I can only imagine all the codes in there you have to mess with!! :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back