Found where missing fish have gone.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Since he just had such a big meal, is there anything I need to watch for that could cause harm to my tank?

Gutting mate those copper bands are special fish and for me one of the most colourful, that was an expensive meal for that greedy carpet anenome, i lost mine to a outbreak of sorts along with most of my other fish about six months ago, at least you know how it went.

do they eat clowns?

It is possible. The anemone will only eat what it can catch. It will only catch what it can taste. The trick that allows clowns to be hosted in an anemone is with their thick mucus membrane that the anemone doesn't recognize as food. If the clown gets sick, infected, or wounded, can be tasted and eaten. Studies were done on hosted clowns by separating them from their anemone and cleaning off the mucus then reintroducing them to the tank. The clown swam back into the Host, was grabbed, stung, and eaten.

It is possible. The anemone will only eat what it can catch. It will only catch what it can taste. The trick that allows clowns to be hosted in an anemone is with their thick mucus membrane that the anemone doesn't recognize as food. If the clown gets sick, infected, or wounded, can be tasted and eaten. Studies were done on hosted clowns by separating them from their anemone and cleaning off the mucus then reintroducing them to the tank. The clown swam back into the Host, was grabbed, stung, and eaten.

I agree with you. Do you have a link to this study? I'd really like to read it.

my angels touches it all the time he doesnt mind him butt (3) clowns in there! i have seen him eat a blenny yep swam right into it upon interduction to tank wow good money spent !

erhhhh pm on the kio prices down there thanks will. I have a 1000 gal twin waterfall 3 foot drop pond lotta work tooo!!!!

well that reverse sucks on the spitout! That anemone should have been extreenkt thankful for the meal!!!!!
Sorry for your loss.
When taking critters in to the fish store such as the anemone can you use the carpool lane?? hehe

Back