Foxface / Rabbitfish eating

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

grahamsn

What is the best food for these fish. I have kept one for a very long time and ate everything. Then all of a sudden died. I had the water tested at the time and it was in great shape. I bought another one Fox this time and he went through and cleaned out every piece of algae in the tank and would not eat anything after that. I tried giving it algae from the sump but was not enough. It ended up dead. I make my own food and it would not really eat that.

What works the best for them to eat and be fat and happy?

Wow, thats crazy. My rabbit is the most voracious of all my fish. It will eat algae off rocks and any flake, pellet or frozen food i add in there. No matter herbivoire, omni or carni. What all have you tried feeding it? Mine will eat shrimp, krill.....you name it.

The food I make which every fish loved, but the fox consist of: Formula one, fish, shrimp, squid, clam, mussels, nori sheets, a little garlic and carrot juice. All blended into a nice paste. I want to get another fox, but so far I am 0/2.

I have found that the red algae sheets are greatly preferred by both tangs and rabbitfish. If I put in a piece of green algae, it might sit there all day, but if I put in some red algae, it will be gone in under an hour. This was true of my coral rabbitfish, foxface rabbitfish, blue tang, and chevron tang.

Mine ate seaweed selects (green, red, brown), grape caulerpa, hair algae, mysis shrimp, frozen formula one and frozen formula two.

My scribbled seems to eat just about everything except the red algae I feed the tangs. It doesn't even look at it. Once a month I switch out a rock from my fuge just to clean the hair algae off and move copepods into the display and he goes crazy and doesn't leave the rock till it's picked clean.

We just got a scribbled last weekend at Barrier's sale. So far he eats julian sprung green sheets, red and green omega one veggie sheets, and the kelp and formula one flakes i put in for the other fish. He doesn't seem to pick at the rocks though. He's cute we call him Bunny. hehe. He's a total scaredy cat.

Mine is a total ham. I have to take 25% more pics because he always seems to come flying in at the last second. If I put my head near the tank to look at something, he gets right in front of my face and will stay there no matter where I move.

Mine is a total ham. I have to take 25% more pics because he always seems to come flying in at the last second. If I put my head near the tank to look at something, he gets right in front of my face and will stay there no matter where I move.

Mine does this too! He is an attention hog!

Back