Frag stations

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DonW

R.I.P.
I usually diy most everything but I'm playing everything safe on my new tank. I decided to order frag stations a frag station just to take a look. Its definately worth giving the filter guys credit for offering a great product.

I got the little 5 hole station. The quality is great and the plugs are a perfect fit. My intentions are to let this get over grown with some nice zoos. The plugs will make trading effortless.
5fragstation.jpg

Also got some of these reef donuts, more so reef blobs. They are not much to look at but will make zoo prop easy and again the plug can easily be removed for trading, just stick in a new plug and wait for the to spread over the plug.
DONUT_X.jpg

Finally got a bag of plugs. These also are nice and appear to be well worth every penny.
REEFDISKS2.jpg

If your looking to make coral fragging or zoo trading easy. Give The Filter Guys a shot, great product and fair price.

Don

i bought a bunch of those last ones that you showed.. i like them.. i fragged a bunch of acro's..i am using them in egg crate

You glue the coral on the flat spot of the plug & press in the plug into that base?
That round peg doesn't look like it would fit the donut only the big base?

You glue the coral on the flat spot of the plug & press in the plug into that base?
That round peg doesn't look like it would fit the donut only the big base?

They do, I got a bag of 20 and the fit well. The donut does not have a perfect circle but the plugs fit just fine.

The frag station holes are a perfect fit and it come complete with the plugs.

Like ron said they fit eggcrate perfectly and of course can just be stuck in the sand.

Don

I started making my own since the designs are sort of limited. That way you can make about any design or configuration you can come up with. I use a non toxic clay from the local hobby store and hand mold the pieces then bake in the oven for thirty min. Workes fine also. Does not harm your water. Just make sure its non toxic and be sure it does not contain metals.

I looked into it but was told by a number of sources that an oven cant fire the clay properly. Needs close to 1200f minimum.

Don

Back