Fraging

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

RocketScientist

Hello all,

I need some help as I am new to reef keeping. So lately I've been particular on getting all the equipment and cycles function properly and now I'm looking back at the tank and realize that I need to do some clean up with some of the corals. Namely my green button polyps are almost falling off the piece of live rock they are on and secondly I have colt coral is growing in a lot of locations, just kind of has sprung up.

The questions:

Can green button polyps be fragged? If so how does one go about fragging them?

Can Colt coral be fragged? And again if so how does one go about fragging it?

Also, I have some 2 groups of 3-5 polyps of Yellow polyp anemones that are moving into my sand bed if anyone would be interested in them.

I'd appreicate your help and if I can find my bloody camera I'll take pictures of my tank. Though part of it is a little messy (cluttered) because I just fragged my 18" Dia Yellow Figi Leather.

Can't say I know if any of the corals in question can be fragged or how to go about it, but here's a bump incase someone else knows which I'm sure they will. Good luck with it:)

If you put a rock next to the buttons they will move onto the rock and thus a frag. The colt can just be cut with scissors and then placed in a hole to re-attach.

Ya my polyps are growing amazingly they moved like 5 inches and are still spreading. But I haven't thought of fraging them yet

I have rubber banded star polyps in the past. Same with zoo's, anthelia, and xenia. My last pulsing zenia attached themselves in a few days. I use a light weight rubber band and attach the polyp around the base to the rock. Some corals take longer to attach than others.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I need some coral safe super glue to afix the colts once I cut them with a razor blade. Any suggestions on glues?

The buttons I'm just going to put a couple pieces of small rock under them.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I need some coral safe super glue to afix the colts once I cut them with a razor blade. Any suggestions on glues?

The buttons I'm just going to put a couple pieces of small rock under them.

Super glue gel. It needs this particular word Cyanoacrylate

Back